Workshops / Courses / Seminars
We run a number of regular workshops and courses for individuals, couples, and workplaces. And occasionally seminars for the public.
2. Sorted Courses In Your Workplace
We can run Sorted courses in any combination to suit your requirements.
As well, we can incorporate ‘Give yourself a Payrise’ into any of these and can also address any particular issues and problems staff have from not enough food in the house to how to purchase large items when you don’t have any savings.
Besides our “Give Yourself a Payrise” talk, other often requested talks are “Credit Cards and Loyalty Schemes” and “Your household budget – tricks for cutting costs”.
What This Course Is About
We offer you an exciting opportunity to join a free programme to help save for your own home.
Our friendly Financial Mentor will help you:
- Track your spending
- Pay off debt
- Develop a money plan
- Teach you about KiwiSaver
- Learn about good credit versus bad credit
- Get connected with other services such as banks and real estate agents
If you are a wage earner and want to get into your own home, this programme is for you.
Simply complete the following obligation-free form and someone will be in touch with you to let you know more about the programme. I
f you prefer, you can phone us on 578-0969 and ask to talk with Alison or Diane.
The Everybody Wants A Home course runs for 1.5 hours, once a week, for five weeks. It’s held in room DT502 at the Bongard Centre, Waiariki BOP Polytechnic on Cameron Road, usually from 7.00pm-8.30pm on a Monday.
Here is an outline of the course contents. For details of times and dates for the next course, visit our facebook page or phone us on 578 0969.
Session One: Introduction/ Menu Planning
- Benefits of menu planning
- General grocery shopping tips
- How to use meal planning worksheets
- Receive two weeks of sample menu plans
Session Two: The Household Budget/ Give yourself a Payrise
- How to prepare a spending plan
- Spreading payments
- Preparing for Christmas and school holidays
- Useful ideas for stretching your dollar
Session Three: Buying Stuff
- Discuss needs versus wants
- Credit contracts
- Lay-by and hire purchase
- The pitfalls with interest free deals, loans and credit cards
Session Four: Housing: Part One with a Bank Representative as Guest Speaker
- Discuss KiwiSaver
- Compare costs of renting versus buying property
- Learn about mortgages: borrowing criteria, valuations and deposits
Session Five: Housing Part Two with a Lawyer as Guest Speaker
- Learn about real estate contracts and their conditions
- Legal fees
- Protecting your property
- KiwiSaver, and other investments
Register Your Interest
If you are interested in the “Everybody Wants A Home” course, fill in the form below.